Sunday, November 15, 2009

Fall Carnival

There is a Fall Carnival every year at my school. Kids come dressed up in different costumes every year, too. It starts with trick-or-treat in the halls of the bottom floor. The teachers go all around the halls handing out candy like its Halloween at home. After trick-or-treating there are rides, games, and food set up outside the school.

One of my favorites this year was the Velcro Wall. I had to wait in line a long time because a lot of children liked it, too, just like me. You have to get in a velcro suit and two adults try to bounce you high and throw you on the wall of velcro. You stick to the wall because the velcro suit sticks to the velcro wall. You can see me in the picture above. It was a ton of fun because I liked being high and I love heights.
I also liked the bouncy obstacle course which I went through with one of my friends. It was like being stuck in a million ways! Everywhere I turned when I tried to jump, I almost fell out. I was so scared, but finally I found a slide that goes down to safety. I was finally out.
My library teacher had her own booth. It was called the Book Walk. You had to wait a REALLY long time until you can play because tons of people liked it. The music was playing and you had to get in a circle and walk from number to number on the ground. When the music stopped, you stopped on a number, and if your number got called, you got a F-R-E-E BOOK! Can you imagine free books? There was a table set up with tons of books on it and you got to pick whatever book you wanted. I picked a Magic Tree House chapter book.
The food there was awesome. I had pizza and Sierra Mist. They also had Cotton Candy, popcorn, and Snow Cones, too.
I can't wait for next year's Fall Carnival. I hope they might have a new ride or game. If they were going to add one, I would like them to add a dunker where someone sits on a chair and you have to throw a ball and hit a target and dunk them in the water. I wonder if my teachers would do it. They would get dunked by me if they would. But, they probably won't.
Your friend,
Little Brother




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that all looked like so much fun! How awesome that you got thrown onto the wall. The Bouncy obsticle course must have been scarey, I am glad you found your way out safely. A Dunking tank is definately a Great idea, especially if teachers are the ones who would get dunked. I know that you are a great baseball player and you could certainly dunk somebody that would be cool. You have such a cool school, they do so many neat things. I know you really love it there. I can't wait to read your next blog I am sure it will be about something amazing.Nanny

Melissa Ross said...

Your teachers would get dunked by you? I would like to see that! :)