Monday, November 19, 2007

My Greatest Pow-Wow

I had Pow-Wow at my school on Friday. My day started out getting ready in the classroom. I put on my Native American clothes and got my face painted. My favorite part was the Native American turtle on the front.

I went outside for Pow-Wow. I danced. I danced the skunk song and a moon and sun song. I went in a Tee Pee and Peaceful Waters and Gentle Flower told me about the Native Americans. I held a feather and said, "My name is Shining Moon and I am thankful for my brother."

Then, I went inside for resources all around different classes. The teachers were dressed up too. My favorite was food testing. I ate Native American food.

At the end of the day I was so tired from my Pow-Wow but I loved it so much.




1 comment:

Melanie Holtsman said...

I loved reading about your pow-wow. I thought it was really special that you were thankful for your brother. I am thankful for my family too. It sounds like you have a lot of fun while you are learning.