Saturday, December 13, 2008

Amazing Pop-Up Picture Atlas

I am reading the Amazing Picture Atlas. The book shows you every continent and the countries in the continent. It has amazing facts about Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia, South America, North America, and Antartica. If you go to every page, it shows you every country's flag, what language they speak, all the amazing animals, great sites, natural features, and what is produced. And, it has a little slide out page that shows you all the country's in that continent. If I was reading North America, it would say at the very top in a yellow box with black letters--Countries of North America.

My favorite continent to learn about is Africa. I just learned that Egypt is in the top right corner of Africa. I also know that chameleons live in Africa. And, my second favorite continent is Australia. I know that there is an island off of Australia called Tasmania. I also know that the biggest rock in the world is in Australia called Uluru (Ayers Rock), and it is in the very middle of Australia. My favorite type of animal there is either the koala or kookaburra. Koala's are not actually bears, they just call them bears because they look like a bear. They are actually a cousin to bears. They are really called marsupials.

I love this Amazing Picture Atlas book. I would like you to read it too because it has so many different facts about the countries in our world.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this post! You did an excellent job! I think I'm going to share it with my third grade bloggers so they can see how to write a good post about a book they're reading. :) By the way, the pictures you included of the animals are really neat! What a crazy looking chameleon!

Mrs. Nash

Melanie Holtsman said...

Hi! It sounds like you are learning some really cool facts about our world. I bet non-fiction is your favorite genre...

Maybe your mom can show you how to add to a wiki and you can add to our Austrailia or Africa wikis.

Keep up the great blogging!
Love, Mrs. H

Anonymous said...

We love to learn about Australia too. We liked the Australian pictures. This is an awesome book about the world. This is a great blog and we are proud of you.
The Mall-ards

P.S. We like how you show your favorite Web-kinz.