Monday, November 17, 2008

I Scream for Free Icecream!

Guess what my big brother has been learning how to do? You could guess by looking at this picture. He's been learning how to do a rubrik's cube!

One night over the weekend, on Saturday, my family went to Outback Steakhouse to eat dinner. He brought his rubrik's cube with him. It was all mixed up like the rubrik's cube in this picture. The waitress said, "If you solve the rubrik's cube, I'll give you a free dessert." I had a grin on my face, because I knew my brother could solve the rubrik's cube. He had done it before a lot of times. His friend taught him at school how to do it. I was psyched that we were going to get a free ice cream for dessert!

So... by the time she got back with our drinks, it was already finished by my big brother! After dinner, we actually got free ice cream. It came with chocolate syrup and a cherry on top. I thought the waitress was only kidding, but she actually brought it. I don't think she'll make that promise to anyone ever again.

That night was a great night, because I got free ice cream and went to Madagascar Escape 2 Africa.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool to get free ice cream! I think you are right - she probably won't make that deal with anyone again. You were quite the trickster! When are you going to learn how to solve the rubik's cube? Or can you already do it? I have never been able to figure it out. Jack and I are going to see Madagascar 2 next weekend. We can't wait.
From,
Mrs. Dillard

Melanie Holtsman said...

I'm so impressed your brother can solve the Rubrik's cube. Are you getting him to teach you all of the secrets? I could never do more than two sides. I think you're right about the waitress never making that offer again!

dayle timmons said...

I am so impressed that anyone could solve a rubric cube. Rubric cubes first became popular when I was a teenager - back in the day - and I spent countless hours trying to solve one, but never did. I've always been amazed when people could figure it out so my hat's off to your brother! WOW!

Jenny Nash said...

Wow! I'm totally impressed! I remember having Rubik's cubes when my brothers and I were kids -- we could NEVER solve them! In fact, I remember my brother taking the stickers off and putting them on in different places, hoping that would help him get through a tough spot!!! I'd love to learn the secret and impress my brothers, once and for all! :)

Susan T. Phillips said...

Your brother is a genius. I have never been able to get more than two sides! Solving the Rubrik's Cube and free ice cream. What more could anyone ask for?

Anonymous said...

I like ben 10 as much as you do and spongebob because we are best friends. I cann't way't to see you at school.

from :Jack