Monday, August 18, 2008

My First Day of First Grade

Today was my first day of first grade. I had a great time because I have my best friend's mom and his godmother as teachers. They are really nice and they made my first day fun. I made a boomerang and a kangaroo with a joey in the pocket.
I went to an assembly. Bruce and his wife Tass bicycled around the world for 2 years and went to 22 countries! They traveled 14,000 miles on bicycles. I think their legs would be tired and their butts would be sore! They saw rhinos that hear very good and can smell very good, but they are almost blind. They tiptoed up close to get a good picture. Bruce and Tass also saw kangaroos. They camped by the kangaroos and one kangaroo even camped by them! They saw wild parrots and they also saw kookaburras. Kookaburras are a type of wild bird. Can you believe they even saw an albino peacock? They saw a penguin, too. They were about 30 inches tall. I can't believe that a wild monkey jumped on Tass' back to pick bugs out of her hair. Bruce took a picture. I would be super scared if a wild monkey jumped on my back.

Bruce and Tass saw many volcanoes. They hiked up the side of volcanoes. They even saw the biggest rock ever! They hiked in rainforests. In the rainforest there were pretty flowers and many animals.

This was the best day of any of my first days of school. I will have a great year!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sooo glad you had an awesome day. I would have to say it was the best first day of school for me too. I think we are going to have a great year in the Mall-ard Outback!

Melanie Holtsman said...

Wow! It sounds like an amazing day. I'm so happy to read your blog post because I was too busy to go to the assembly today so I missed hearing from Bruce and Tess. I love the photos you put on your blog. Can't wait to hear about what exciting things you'll be blogging about this year! :)

Andrea said...

Wow, that sounds like a great first day! You write very well. I like the pictures, too.

Liana said...

Hi Little Brother, Boy what an exciting first day of school! No wonder it was your best! I notice that you love Eric Carle books. GOOD CHOICE! I love Eric Carle books, too! I can't wait to read more of your blog posts!

Unknown said...

Hi Little Brother,

That sounds like a great first day of school! I wonder if the kids at my school would like to hear from Bruce and Tass? Thank you for including the link to their web page on your blog post.

Mrs. Vance

Susan T. Phillips said...

Little Brother,
I am so happy that you had the best first day. When I saw that smile on your face this morning I was elated. If a monkey jumped on my back I would freak too! Hope the rest of your days this year make you as happy as today did.
Love,
Mrs. Phillips

Unknown said...

Little Brother,
What a great first day for you. I enjoy seeing your blog. It is great that you are doing this at such a young age.

Kimwren said...

Hey Little Brother,

Today was my son's first day of school too- we live near St. Louis, MO. He's in 2nd grade. He likes your blog too. He's a big webkins fan also. Keep blogging. We're interested in hearing more from you.

Anonymous said...

C,
I don't know if you received my last comment but I am so glad that the first day was as fun for you as it was for me. Our class wouldn't be the same without you!! Keep on blogging - you are doing a fantastic job.
See you tomorrow.
MM

Sheryl Forsman said...

Sounds like you had a great day! I teach first grade and we start school in 16 days. I think my students will like to read your blog- looking forward to your posts!